Do you want a wheel that’s light, aero, comfortable, stiff, and fast? Do you like having your cake and eating it too? If you answered yes to any of those questions, hunker down for a slice of Stinger 5.
Stinger 5’s are similar to the 6’s in that they’re considered to be ‘do-it-all’ wheels. What’s the difference? The 5 leans towards lighter weight, while the 6 leans towards aerodynamics. It should be noted that – outside of our Stinger 6 – the Stinger 5 is the most aerodynamic rim we’ve tested that’s less than 80mm deep. Some folks even go a little crazy by pairing a 5 front and 6 rear, for the best of both worlds.
Stingers feature our new 545 rear hub, with 5 pawls and 45 ratchet teeth for faster engagement, along with large bearings for long lasting durability and drag-free operation. Disc brake option available.
- RIM TYPE TUBULAR
- RIM DEPTH 50mm
- RIM WIDTH 28mm
- BRAKING SURFACE Carbon
- RECOMMENDED BRAKE PAD Carbon-specific pad
- HUB MODEL Hed Sonic silver
- HUB COMPATIBILITY Shimano/Campy 9, 10, 11
- BUILD AND SPOKES 18 front, 24 rear Standard
- SPOKE TYPE Sapim CX-Ray
- POWER TAP OPTION YES
- TRACK OPTION Yes
- WHEEL SIZE 700c
- WHEEL SET WEIGHT 1,381g
- RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE 21-25mm (Std rim); 25mm+ (CX rim)
- INCLUDES Titanium Skewers,Valve Extenders